[Offtopic] Fwd: VITTA Programming Awards 2007 - Launch!

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jul 28 13:55:51 EST 2007

At 11:48 PM 27/07/2007, Adrian Janson, (The President, Victorian
Information Technology Teacher's Association), writes:

Subject: VITTA Programming Awards 2007 - Launch!

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross-posts),

It is my great pleasure to announce the launch of the VITTA Programming
Awards for 2007.

VITTA is honoured to welcome the support of the Australian Computer
Society (ACS) and The Victorian Government, as well as The Cancer Council
of Victoria – SunSmart Program, Microsoft, Open Source Victoria (OCV) and
the ASISTM cluster of Victoria.

This has been a highly successful award for several years – and this year
undergoes an expansion which will see it hopefully appeal to a wider range
of students of all ages.

The competition has been based solely on Microsoft Visual Basic.Net in the
past, and while Microsoft are still supporting the event, we have added
more competition categories and more languages which students can use to
enter the Award.  In addition to an Open Challenge in VB.Net, students may
also enter the Open Challenge in Python or complete a GameMaker category.

This year sees Open Challenge Categories for both boys and girls
separately.  We have also added a Primary section to the GameMaker
categories.  In total, there are now 8 categories available to Victorian
school students!

The categories are:
Visual Basic.Net Open Challenge – Boys section
Visual Basic.Net Open Challenge – Girls section
Python Open Challenge – Boys section
Python Open Challenge – Girls section
GameMaker Challenge – Primary Boys section
GameMaker Challenge – Primary Girls section
GameMaker Challenge – Secondary Boys section
GameMaker Challenge – Secondary Girls section

Problems have now been posted at the official VITTA Programming Awards
2007 web site at:
http://progawards.vitta.org.au/

I hope that your students enjoy taking part in the Programming Awards!
All the very best of luck!

Regards,
Adrian Janson
VITTA President