[Offtopic] Google 'My Australia' competition

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jul 27 10:40:21 EST 2007

At 09:37 AM 27/07/2007, Roland Gesthuizen writes:

Google Australia is offering a prize worth more than $10,000 for the
school that can come up with the best Google logo with the theme of "My
Australia".

Google has a tradition of marking events and holidays by dressing up the
logo on its home page with related sketches. Specifically Australian
commemorations include Anzac Day, Australia Day, Melbourne Cup Day and
NAIDOC Week.

All competition entries must be made through schools, which can enter no
more than two doodles in each age group spanning Year 1 to Year 10.
Entries must be received by Google Australia by September 7.

A panel of judges will select finalists in four age groups, and then there
will be public voting for the winner of each category. Finally, Google
will pick an overall winner from those four.

The national winner will receive a 15in MacBook Pro for his or her self,
plus a touchscreen whiteboard and $10,000 worth of tech gear for their
school. The winning doodle will be displayed on www.google.com.au on
January 26, 2008.

The three runners-up win a touchscreen whiteboard for their schools, plus
a goody bag of Google merchandise. The remaining 28 state and territory
winners plus the other 288 finalists also get a goody bag.

Each participant will receive a bookmark and a certificate.

http://www.google.com.au/doodle4google/

regards
--

Cheers Roland