[Offtopic] National Tree Day

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 24 16:51:06 EST 2007

Planet Ark's National Tree Day is Australia's biggest community tree-
planting event and since Tree Day started in 1996 over 10.5 million native
trees and shrubs have been planted by more than a million volunteers!

<http://www.planetark.com.au/treeday>

This year Schools Tree Day falls on Friday 27th July, with National Tree
Day on Sunday 29th July and as ever, there are many ways you can get
involved.

Tree planting makes a positive difference to our environment, and the
benefits reach into schools and communities, and also help our precious
native animals and plants survive in Australia's diverse natural settings.

You can use this website to learn more about trees and tree-planting, or
find out how to get involved with National Tree Day and Schools Tree Day.
You'll also find information about our sponsors, and links to all kinds of
interesting resources.

--
This year, Schools Tree Day is on Friday 27 July. Take part and you’ll be
eligible to enter the AMP Foundation Schools Tree Day competition –

If you have any enquiries, call the National Tree Day Hotline
on 1300 88 5000 or email treeday at planetark.com

--
For example, one activity ..

Create an ad for Schools Tree Day – and WIN!
Create an ad to encourage schools and students to get involved in Schools
Tree Day next year. We’re looking for ads which are imaginative and very
persuasive. So for your chance to win $1,000 grant – film it, edit it to
45 seconds or less, save it as a .wmv file, .mov file or mp4, burn it to
DVD and mail it into Planet Ark!

Create a short film for Schools Tree Day – and WIN!
Show us how your school celebrated Schools Tree Day this year by creating
your own short film. We’re looking for entries that show what you learned,
how you helped combat global warming and how you reduced your school’s
environmental impact. So for your chance to win a $1,000 grant – film it,
edit it to 90 seconds or less, save it as a .wmv file, .mov file or .mp4,
burn it to DVD and mail it into Planet Ark!

Photograph your Schools Tree Day – and WIN!
Capture your school’s Schools Tree Day experience in a single photo and go
in the running to WIN one of our $1,000 grants for your school. Accompany
your photo with 100 words or less in the form of a caption, song lyrics or
recording, poem or story – package it up and mail it to Planet Ark!
(Please make sure everyone in the photo is labelled left to right.)

How to enter
Register your Schools Tree Day site by Wednesday 25th July. (If your
school has already registered go to step 2 and 3).

Make sure your entry includes:
Your schools’ name, address, phone number and email address
Whether your school is a primary or secondary school
Your Schools Tree day site coordinator and site ID number

Download and complete a photo and footage release form here. All
competition entries must include this form!

Mail your entry, along with your photo and footage release form to Planet
Ark by Friday 24th August at:
Schools Tree Day Competition
Planet Ark Environmental Foundation
PO Box 4
Wentworth Falls NSW 2782

To download details of this competition as a pdf document click here (44k
download).

Terms and conditions
This competition is open to all primary and secondary schools. It is a
skills-based competition and will be judged at the discretion of a panel
from Planet Ark and the AMP Foundation. Entries will be judged on 5th
September and winners will be notified by phone or email.

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server