[Offtopic] www.curriki.org

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jan 10 01:05:07 EST 2007

Curriki.org is an online environment created to support the development and free distribution of world-class educational materials to anyone who needs them. Please join us.

Our name is a play on the combination of 'curriculum' and 'wiki' which is the technology we're using to make education universally accessible.

Curriki is a free community of educators, learners and committed education experts who are working together to create quality materials that will benefit teachers and students around the world.  Curriki is the result of an online project started by Sun Microsystems to develop works for education in a collaborative effort..'

News: December 14, 2006  "Curriki.org made its debut January 2006, and has been growing fast. Some 450 courses are in the works, and about 3,000 people have joined as members. McNealy reports that a teenager in Kuwait has already completed the introductory physics and calculus classes in 18 days."
--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley