[Offtopic] Information Management software for teachers.

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 14:52:45 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

Firstly, apologies for cross-posting, but hopefully this isn't
irrelevant to any of these lists.

I'm looking for software which would allow the average teacher to get
rid of the trusty old 'teacher's chronicle' and do the equivalent
functions on the computer - namely to manage unit and lesson planning,
diary, keeping records of student performance/behaviour/etc, and
reporting.

If such a piece of software does not exist, I want to write one. At
this stage, I want to see what is out there, and if it fulfills my
(and possibly your) goals. For example, there is a TPD ePlanner (the
same company which makes chronicles used by schools
currently). There are a number of web-based solutions like this in the
US, but I haven't come across any here. But if one does exist which is
useful enough, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

So, if I may request a minute of your time to answer the following questions:

1) Do you currently use any software to manage your planning, diary,
record-keeping, and reporting? If so, what software?

2) Have you ever used such software and stopped? Why?

3) Would you consider using such a piece of software? If so, what
features would you require of it? If not, why not?

If you have friends or colleagues who may be interested in this, could
you please forward this on to them.

Thanks!

Victor Rajewski