[Offtopic] Movie Making Resources

Rupert Russell r.russell at ballarat.edu.au
Sun Feb 19 19:59:36 EST 2006

Hi All,

I would also be interested in a selection of this type of footage,

If you have examples on a range of your own DVD's you could use a tool
like ImTOO 3GP Video Converter v2.1

The 3GP video converter is a powerful 3GP converter which can convert
AVI to 3GP, MPEG to 3GP. ImTOO 3GP Converter can also convert RM, MP4,
MOV, WMV, MPEG, AVI to 3GP file or convert 3GP video clip to AVI and
MPEG. You can use it to convert MPEG or AVI to 3GP video clip and play
them in Motorola, Nokia mobile phone or other software 3GP player.

http://www.imtoo.com/3gp-video-converter.html

It allows you to convert DVD's to AVI which you can then edit using most
video edting programs to extract the sequences you want.

Happy collating.

Rupert.

Rupert Russell

Senior Educator (e-Learning)
TAFE Development Unit
University of Ballarat
SMB Campus
PO Box 668 Ballarat
Victoria 3353
AUSTRALIA

Phone:  +61 3 5327 8057
Fax:      +61 3 5327 8477
e-mail:  r.russell at ballarat.edu.au
>>> keithcr at fastmail.fm 02/18/06 10:45 PM >>>
Hi Grant - I will be very interested in any suggestions that come
forward, as I often feel a similar need.
I understand that VITTA are working on something in this area, but do
not know the planned timeline.
Regards, Keith

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:47:51 +1100, "Grant Henderson"
<ghenderson at sebas.vic.edu.au> said:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm running a Yr 10 Video Making elective for the first time and was
> wondering if anyone running a similar subject has a list of good
> demonstration films/sequences that they use in class to illustrate
> different
> techniques.  So far we've been using some of the 3-in-6 entries and
> critiquing them which has been a good experience, but I'd now like to
> showcase some feature films.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Grant Henderson
>
> Sebastopol College