[Offtopic] Dr Damian Conway: Four Funerals and a Wedding...

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 17 09:54:55 EST 2005

Yes Rupert, this is a very good talk that is certainly worth listening
too. It made me think how schools will change over the next generation.
At the time that I was listening to it, I made a note in my blog that
Queen Elizabeth II had just bought an iPOD
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/050617/1/3t0zw.html>. It probably sits in her
white purse next to the mobile phone that Prince Andrew gave her in
2001. ;-)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/plakboek/68272.html

Regards Roland

Rupert Russell wrote:

>The following talk by IT futurist Dr Damian Conway makes for very
>interesting listening.
>
>'Four Funerals and a Wedding: disruptive technologies and digital
>convergence'
>
>How might the coming IT shifts affect your daily work, your current job,
>and your future career?  Hear IT futurist Dr Damian Conway discuss four
>emerging information technologies that in the coming decade will almost
>certainly kill, and then eat, dozens of existing businesses.
>http://www.monash.edu.au/alumni/events/gearing-for-success/june-2005.html
>
>How might the coming IT shifts affect how you work, play and live? Find
>out by listening to Damian Conway's presentation using Real Player audio
>or mp3.
>
>The talk is available as an MP3 file from the following address:
>http://audio.monash.edu.au/alumni/conway.mp3
>
>The Real Player audio file is located at:
>http://audio.monash.edu.au/alumni/conway.ram

>Rupert Russell
>Senior Educator (e-Learning)
>TAFE Development Unit
>University of Ballarat
>SMB Campus
>PO Box 668 Ballarat
>Victoria 3353
>AUSTRALIA
>
>Phone:  +61 3 5327 8057
>Fax:  +61 3 5327 8477
>http://velorum.ballarat.edu.au/~rrussell
>e-mail r.russell at ballarat.edu.au

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au