[Offtopic] electronic Roll (Attendance)

Rupert Russell r.russell at ballarat.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 04:45:14 EST 2005

Hi Tom,

I did a quick Google search and came up with a few sites that may be of
interest.

The following article is well worth reading and has some links to
commercial & free application at the end.
http://www.electronic-school.com/2000/01/0100toolsofthetrade.html

I don't know what their product is like but the Web based solution
provided by ThinkWave sounds interesting:
http://www.thinkwave.com/productsgradesfeatures.html

The also have a stand alone product called ThinkWave Administrator
Good luck with your quest.

The important issues will be ongoing maintenance, ease of maintaining
class lists, backup & security.

I use MS Excel to record student attendance & assignment marks.  I have
created a sample markbook online that demonstrates use of Vlookup & see:
http://velorum.ballarat.edu.au/~rrussell/tutorials/markbook/index.html
Using Excel like this is not exactly the type of solution your looking
for but I find it works for me.

Google Search Results...

Gradebook Software: teacher gradebook software, electronic teacher ...
... Electronic grading, performance assessment, and student attendance
software. ... Electronic grade book solution. Features: Data Exchange
www.capterra.com/gradebook-software - 66k - 28 Mar 2005

Nedap Education
... INSTANT ACCESS TO INFORMATION ON PUPIL/STUDENT ATTENDANCE ... At the
heart of the Nedap solution is our Electronic Registration package which
gives a ...
www.infomat.net/infomat/ rd741/rd1/database/nedap/index.asp

Electronic Access
... a student attendance tracking program, and a time and attendance
interface. ... providing electronic access control solutions to the
commercial market. ...
www.naccu.org/corprofiles/electronic_access.htm

Rupert Russell
School of Education
University of Ballarat
PO Box 663 Ballarat
Victoria 3353
AUSTRALIA

Ph. +613 5327 9965
Fax. +613 5327 9717
http://velorum.ballarat.edu.au/~rrussell

>>> rod.kendall at overnewton.vic.edu.au 03/30/05 7:49 PM >>>
Tom

Have used Idattend http://www.kbsoft.com.au/IDAttend.htm at my last
school and loved it....simple to use....$1600 start up for software and
then $600 a year is pretty cheap. Would suggest that you get a sql
server to run it on....better performance.

Cheers

Rod

Rod Kendall

Head of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Head of Information Technology (Keilor Campus)
Overnewton Anglican Community College
2-30 Overnewton Rd
Keilor  VIC 3036
Direct Tel : 03 9334 0134