[Moodle] Clickable Thumbnails-Repository

John Doubleday digitalteacher.john at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:23:43 EST 2012

Welcome all,

Digital Teacher Multimedia Repository

Using a LMS for teaching/assessment has some great outcomes for both
students and teachers but has never been enough for me. I have always wanted
to make the working environment for students a rich multimedia experience.

That is easier said than done. There are lots of software to make Learning
Objects, SCORM packages and the like. Costly and very time consuming with
often a steep learning curve. We (teachers) do not have the luxury of time.
We needed our own images and videos to energise the flat Moodle page with
relevant images and information in a SIMPLE quick innovative way.  Another
major problem is the working area for images. I wanted detail but small
images in my Moodle course.

I have been working away on this problem for a while now and think I have
come up with a solution which will make our Moodle Course content come alive
with detail but still retain that simple Moodle screen environment.

How to see this idea in practice: Embedding Multimedia Example

http://www.digitalteacher.com.au/moodle.html

Click on Multimedia Repository (open to Guests)

Those who are registered will be able to answer the questionnaire

Step 1 Please check out the simple Lesson:  School Workshop Intro 1

This is a concept at the moment (using PhotoBucket widgets). The real deal
will be a custom made site built over a professional photographic web site
to give use password protected Department Folders with a searchable
function.

.        Is this concept of Clickable Thumbnails a good idea?

.        Would your Moodle users (and other school department) use such a
service?

.        I need some guidance/input to make this Media Repository a reality.

Although cost effective for school department to purchase space on the
Repository (see at the end)

Considerable time and money will be needed to implement a secure integration
into Digital Teacher.

Please drop me a line or answer the simple questionnaire.

Thank you for your assistance with this innovation.

Yours in education,

John Doubleday

 <http://www.digitalteacher.com.au/> http://www.digitalteacher.com.au

"Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire" WB
Yates