[Moodle] oublog

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat May 16 11:52:31 EST 2009

thanks rob,

we are now running oublog and it is a big improvement on the native (no
comments) moodle blog

a couple of issues with oublog:

* only allows a class blog, all in together, not individual blogs, hence
they are not experiencing the full blogging experience with individualised
look and feel, sidebar, links to other blogs on sidebar etc.
* when uploading images students have access to each others image files and
/ or folders - a couple of potential problems arise here:
- malicious students could delete the images of another student
- if they don't setup their own folders then an image of the same name would
overwrite an earlier image of another student

cheers