[Moodle] time allowance

Stephen Bloomer sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 18 10:07:13 EST 2009

Anton, one of the best things you could do is find a local school that
already has one set up so someone can act as a bit of a mentor for you
as there are so many different ways to set it up and run it.

We have about 900 users, and so I don't have to maintain user we just
configured it to link to our main servers via LDAP.  When a person logs
on for the first time Moodle sucks that data in and automatically
creates there account.  Then the teacher gives the students the
enrolment key to give the student access to the course. The only time I
manually allocate people to courses is when I am linking a teacher to
the course so that they have teaching rights.

I also set up the same system for a local health department to run the
same way as you require little maintenance and there is never a
requirement to do user imports.

During the initial setup, are you going to run on Windows or Linux?  We
run ours on window and for us it is by far the best way, but I know most
run Moodle on a Linux server. If you are going to run it on Windows,
don't be afraid to give us a call or if you are not to fare away you
could drop in for a coffee.

Stephen Bloomer
sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Network Manager