[Moodle] Moodle Moot this Tuesday 13th!!!! OOPS!!!!! second timelucky!!

Arnott, Suzanne S arnott.suzanne.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jan 12 20:40:45 EST 2009

Looking forward to it Ros...
ummm  am pretty non tech, are there any specifics with the box requirements - I was planning to use an old comp we have - not sure on the specs... it's been a while since the kids have used it...preferring the faster ones for their games etc...
will I need to bring a monitor as well?
As my laptop is being replaced in Feb that's not really an option at the moment...
and woo hoo... I know exactly where to go having been nearby 3 times in the past two days...
cheers
Suz

________________________________

Tuesday 13th January
12 noon onwards (or whenever you arrive)
106 Tucker Road Bentleigh (on the corner of Brian Street - park in
Brian Street and the front door is in Brian Street)
see http://tinyurl.com/8usy7u for the google map

Bring a laptop or a box if you want us to set up moodle for you on a
Ubuntu server, we have a wireless network so you should be able to get
into your moodle if it is on a remote site.If you have 10GB free on
your laptop we can install ubuntu via wubi, then install LAMP and
moodle.

I have a projector for show and tell, but no screen - can anyone help
out with this?

If you have a name tag could you bring it, otherwise I will give you a
sticky label for ID!!

Relaxed and casual will be the way to go (especially considering it
will be 37 deg)

Hopefully Julian (the moodleman) will show us Moodle 2 with Mahara
portfolio, and his new baby!! - via elluminate - Julian if you have
not yet downloaded elluminate could you please do so from
http://knowledgebank.globalteacher.org.au/elluminate/

Those who said they are probably coming include (sorry if I have left
anyone out - just come anyway if I have)
        Geoff Love
        Daniel Stefyn (after 3pm)
        Bill Oldham (if the family room is painted - not sure whether
        you mean mine or yours Bill!!)
        Karen Webster
        Donald Hew
        Kent Beveridge
        Roland G
        Laurie Savage (subject to plumbers' and electricians'
        vicissitudes)
        Phil Brown
        Phillip Pike
        Suz Arnott
        Matthew Forster
        Donna Benjamin?
        and me!!
Stephen Digby sends his apologies as he will be at the beach (and
hasn't he picked a perfect day for it!!)
If you get stuck with your kids and need to bring them I have a swim
spa which I am trying to cool down atm, so they can keep themselves
occupied.

Looking forward to having some geeky fun and an educational day!
Phone me if you need any directions etc numbers below, or if you think
of anything I have forgotten!
Cheers
Ros
--
Roslyn Meadows
TONS
ros.meadows at gmail.com
Bentleigh Secondary College
Vivien Street, East Bentleigh, 3165
Phone 9579 1044 (school) or 9503 4434 (home)
Mobile 0412 614 062
Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au <http://www.vitta.org.au/>  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association Inc