[Moodle] VLC player?

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 7 12:31:53 EST 2008

In my opinion, vlc is brilliant.  Handles a huge variety of file types
and codecs, and is available for many platforms.  Files which refused to
play in WMP or QT will often play in vlc.  To cap it off, it can also
act as a streaming server (yes, all in the same app).  Another neat
little feature is that you can use it to create png snapshots as a
file/stream/DVD plays.  (If you've tried to create screen captures of
scenes on a DVD and failed under normal methods, vlc will do it).

The only thing that I've wanted to do that I haven't yet figured out is
to get it to concatenate video files.  The command line options are very
powerful, but amazingly complex.  Thank goodness for the graphic UI
which handles most common uses.

-----Original Message-----
From: moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Laurie Savage
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:07 PM
To: The Moodle Users' in Schools Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Moodle] Videos in moodle - file sizes - VLC player?

VLC is a free video player that seems to handle many codecs. I don't
know if its available for Windows.

There are a couple of places to look if you want to increase the maximum
upload file size. I can only speak for Linux so your files might be
somewhere else.

File 				Line to find/edit
/etc/moodle/apache.conf		php_value upload_max_filesize
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini	upload_max_filesize

Hope this helps

Laurie

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 10:59:36AM +1100, ARNOTT Suz mentioned:

--
Laurie Savage