[Moodle] Deleting courses

Alan Oh OH.A at wcc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 13:00:57 EST 2008

Ahem, ok, I'm embarassed to say it but here goes. We've had moodle
running for about a year now and really, it's been pretty much a case of
install, tell teachers how to create courses and leave them be.

Lately, I have been looking into the roles, permissions etc and it's
like a new world in there. While administrators create categories for
teachers to put courses into, I would like to (rightly or wrongly) allow
teachers to delete the courses they have created and no longer need.

Currently all the teaching staff are setup as Course Creators. I made a
change under Site Administration>Users>Permissions>Define Roles
and>Course Creators and allowed Course Delete.

After a course is created, the system opens up a page to define roles
for that course. I notice that the person who created the course is
automatically defined as Teacher. You can add additional teachers. I
then tried to delete the course but could not. Am I doing something
wrong here? Sorry for the waffle.

Regards
Alan Oh

Waverley Christian College
Tel: (613) 9871-8600 ext 605
www: www.wcc.vic.edu.au <http://www.wcc.vic.edu.au/>
email: oh.a at wcc.vic.edu.au <mailto:oh.a at wcc.vic.edu.au>

DISCLAIMER:  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately and notify the system administrator on postmaster at wcc.vic.edu.au.

WARNING: Although the college has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the college cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.