[Moodle] Roles and permissions

Adam Barbary home at adambarbary.com
Mon Dec 8 22:07:14 EST 2008

If people are appearing in your courses, then this is a problem with
high level access. Remember that you can assign roles at the site
level, area leve(KLA)l and course/class. If people are listed as
course creators at the top (site) level, they automatically appear in
every course under this. Only Admins are "invisible" . I have found it
to be most affective having only the most competent and trusted staff
in the top area admins. We have 5 (probably too many, but it does work
at the moment.) We have no middle mangers, and the teachers are in
control of their own courses. I, or one of the other admins, creates
each course, and that suits us fine at the minute.

Cheers,

Adam Barbary
Viewbank College