[Moodle] Moodle server mail settings

laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 8 15:42:09 EST 2008

Hi,

I seem to be having a few YASMs lately (Yet Another Senior Moment) but can
anyone help me with this one.

Server Ubuntu (no gui)
Mail system Postfix relaying to smtp.college.vic.edu.au
Moodle mail settings SMTP blank, user/password blank - so using PHP defaults.

I can send mail from the server via the command line viz.

     mail recipient at address.domain

and they receive it. But, neither Moodle nor Mahara are sending the mail
they generate for enrolments or fora. My logs don't record any attempts
from Moodle or Mahara.

It used to work. I'm wondering if I've inadvartently "fixed" something in
the PHP side. My php.ini settings are commented out which I think should
be OK.

Laurie

--
Laurie Savage