[Moodle] Moving a moodle site from one computer to another

Stephen Bloomer sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Fri Dec 5 14:24:24 EST 2008

It is not as hard as it sounds.  In short, set up the new computer from
scratch, putting in place a copy of the user files from the old site and
restore the db from a backup.  This way you can do all your testing
prior to going live.  When you have done your testing you will only have
to shut down the old site for a short time whilst you copy an updated
version of the db and user files.  You should only be down for an hour.

Give me a call if you need and we can go through the details. Don't
forget to apply the security to the XAMP if you are continuing down that
path.

Stephen Bloomer
sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Network Manager