[Moodle] Student's goals for reports

nic ryan nr at sgsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 18 13:01:21 EST 2008

At South Gippsland SC used the feedback module to gather and have students review
Personal Learning Goals.

The method that we employed was for students to rate themselves on a variety of
criteria and then referring  to these rating choose one from some pre determined
goals. The at the end of semester they the students logged back in to review how they
performed in each goal and set new goals.  To avoid confusion I inserted new questions
into the feedback survey between initial goal setting and subsequent reviews.

Whilst this option ws limited in the input of students it removed issues of spelling,
punctuation and in appropriate responses and required limited staff involvement rather
than having a staff mentor for each student to work with each student on setting and
achieving goals which whilst desirable wasn't practical.

For more info on how we did it refer to:
http://marvin.sgsc.vic.edu.au/staff/mod/resource/view.php?id=317

--
Nic Ryan
ICT Coordinator