[Moodle] Moodlle vs commercial products

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 17:36:20 EST 2007

On 2/24/07, Peter Ruwoldt <ruwoldtp at gmail.com> wrote:
> When running it internally, some of the features may not work. We found
> that it would not send an email to members of a forum when something was
> posted for example. I find this a really useful feature. So bear in mind
> constraints like this when trialling in this way.

This would probably be due to not specifying a mail (smtp) server for
it to use. It often works anyway because it contacts the receiver's
mail server directly, but this may not work in an internal network. If
you open the smtp service on whatever internal mail system you run
(exchange and novell should both have it available), and set this
option in the moodle config, it should work.

vik