[Moodle] Building things with Moodle

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 23:36:18 EST 2006

One of my year 9 Research Science classroom activites is now a sample
progression point to help teachers with their assessment (Victorian VELS Level
6 ICT for Communication<http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/assessment/maps/maps_domain/ict/level6.html>).

For this activity I used the Moodle <http://moodle.org/> blogging and
tagging functions, a flat bed scanner, PDF
creator<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/>,
Google Sketchup <http://sketchup.google.com/> and some hands on model
constructions using stuff that you might find around the home. My students
will be delighted to hear this news. It is also a good illustration how to
embed some computing into the science curriculum. [image: smile]*
*

*Model Satellite Blog*
Students were asked to use an ICT communication tool that would enable them
to record their progress in developing a model satellite and to receive
feedback from their peers on their designs and finished models. The students
designed and built the satellites as part of a Science unit. The key
elements of the ICT for Communicating standard addressed by the task are
that students use accepted protocols to communicate regularly online with
peers, experts and others, expressing their messages in language appropriate
to the selected form of communication. (more
..<http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/assessment/maps/maps_domain/ict/level6.html#H2N40012E>
)

<http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/assessment/maps/maps_domain/ict/level6.html#H2N400033>