[Moodle] Help Please with Animation Output Format

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon May 29 21:03:13 EST 2006

It is exciting to see these free tools being used to create animated stories
and gives justice to the commercial use of software bots, game engines with
modern movies.

Hmm, we could include GameMaker and Blender. I guess I would focus it down
to reducing the level of intereaction to just a click to start the program
.. are there some tools around to help a teacher to 'render'
the animation in the display window frame it to make an avi file
(suggestions?) This approach would let students add their own vocalisations
to the AVI file by mixing in a title and audio track .. giving skope for
some teamwork. Means that the judges just view a final animiation avi file
as with the current movie.

There may be some overlap with the GameOn competition run by Vincent at the
ACMI but the emphasis here  seems to be with the competition to create a
movie file. .. akin to the lego competition to program a robot that dance as
distinct from programming a game or robot to play soccer.

Would it be too much to ask for students to generate and only use their own
sprites and clipart? I encourage this of my students and it is as easy as
drawing / scanning / digitising and animating a hand drawn picture. For
3in6, we allow students to collect props and prepare titles in advance. Here
we could permit students to storyboard their movie and prepare any drawings
in advance, ready for scanning and animation.

I would ask that students using Blender