[Moodle] (no subject)

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:18:42 EST 2006

I stumbled across a small kairosnews blog
entry<http://kairosnews.org/recent-university-graduate-evaluates-blackboard-use>that
mentioned a students thoughts about using Blackboard at his
institution. Some mention of Moodle too. His observation was that using
Blackboard ineffectively was more detrimental to his learning experience
than not using it at all. I found one comment interesting.

"Ineffective teachers see the Internet as a series of tubes and computers as
a cool new kind of typewriter."

The growth of the Web2 is a move beyond a static on-line world built of
pipes and tubes. I still wonder how many teachers are making the mental
change towards a read-write Internet? Are their courses more than just a
static display of good learning practice to hang the students from?