[Moodle] LAMS

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Sat May 28 00:40:32 EST 2005

Hi Phil,

Inside word is that this is a commercial project that got hopelessly lost
with a last min rescue to float and save it as an OpenSource initiative.
Although I can spot a couple of cute and new ideas, window dressing is nice,
until you open the hood. Interested in your thoughts Phil :-)

LAMS has a focus on just one very specific aspect of e-learning - sequences
of collaborate learning activities. There are a couple of research projects
running at the moment, evaluating practitioners' use of Moodle, Blackboard
and WebCT for designing learning activities. Worth keeping an eye out for
these.

Regards Roland

  _____