[Year 12 IT Apps] Informatics Timeline

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Tue Nov 24 21:30:36 AEDT 2015

hi Sylvia
the SAT is big.  you will need the students to have their hypotheses discussed fairly early.

then they will need to go off and start finding data sets.

Have you done (for yourself) a practice SAT - so you have experienced what you want the students to do?

That way you can understand where to push them a little better and you can emphasise the milestones

The milestones need to be firm dates, invariant, no leeway, meet (or struggle and fail) dates.

How many hours do you expect the students to actually work on the SAT … out of school  and in school …
It is big.

We are dealing with ideas for the SAT in our Headstart program
e.g. what is a good hypothesis and how much data is enough data and over the holidays i expect them to gather data so we can suggest when enough is enough (string comes to mind)

Andrew

Andrew Shortell
Educator
CRC Melton