[Year 12 IT Apps] 2015 IT Post Mortems - ITA and SD

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Nov 19 11:55:27 AEDT 2015

Hi Christopher. B is the least-worst option.

You're right: it allows people to give two or more genres the same ranking,
but at least it forces the entry of a ranking for each genre, which the
other options do not do.

<morning grumble>
And I still maintain that *preventing* the input of invalid data is not
really a 'validation technique'.
Wikipedia says: "In computer science, data validation is the process of
ensuring that a program operates on clean, correct and useful data. It uses
routines, often called "validation rules", "validation constraints" or
"check routines", that check for correctness, meaningfulness, and security
of data that are input to the system."

​Validition is an active process that verifies data that has *already* been
input into the system.
It is more than the passive use of controls that prevent the entry of
invalid data into the system.​
Anyway...
</morning grumble>

Mark