[Year 12 IT Apps] Coding VCE Computing on a 2016 school timetable

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:44:02 AEDT 2015

New subject names are always a pain to code on timetables. Decades ago, I was asked to pick something different from IT as it was also the code for Italian So in 2016:

	11IT or Year 11 Information Technology becomes a subject called Computing
	12ITA or Year 12 Information Technology Applications becomes a subject called Informatics

Pain for us here is that INF looks like investigate (although I think it is a cute coding reference)
and COM is the same as commerce (although I could get them to board the Business Studies BUS)

I noticed that a colleague was using something akin to

	11ITC for year 11 Computing
	12ITI for year 12 Informatics.

Would it be better to enter recommend this or avoid the IT reference from here on?

Interested to know what other schools are considering.