[Year 12 IT Apps] scratch at Year 9

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:17:13 AEST 2015

One issue here, potentially, is the extent to which Scratch can or can't be
extended as a programming environment.

 Assuming the Digital Technologies curriculum is implemented fully, all
students will have had at least a couple of  years of programming in
Scratch or a similar language before they leave primary school -some will
have started in Year 3 with it. They will then have another 2 years of a
programming language in Yrs 7 and 8 before reaching the point where it
becomes optional.

Its hard to see where languages like Scratch will fit under that scenario.
Or possibly the ways in which such languages are used will vary immensely
between year 3 and year 9.

kp