[Year 12 IT Apps] Protecting your customers data from Australia Post

timmer at westnet.com.au timmer at westnet.com.au
Tue May 12 21:54:07 AEST 2015

Although speaking about licking and encryption, on a snippet of the
Antiques Road Show I caught before the news the other day, soldiers
during the war (WW1 I think) stuck their stamps onto postcards at odd
angles in order to send secret messages to loved ones back home.
Except for an address, the postcards were often otherwise blank.

RegardsRobert T-A

Sent:Tue, 12 May 2015 19:31:06 +1000
Subject:Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] Protecting your customers data from
Australia Post

I hear that some postcards are actually delivered in plain text with
absolutely no encryption. Talk about blind faith!
If you turn the letter around and hold it up to the light, it would
not be far fetched to reconstruct most of the path that the packet
took to get to you and even make a good stab at the identity of the
sender and their posting origin. Kids reckon I could even make a near
perfect copy of biometric information embedded in the security seal, I
don’t think we have that technology licked yet.
  Regards Roland
    —  Roland GESTHUIZEN
http://about.me/rgesthuizen [1]