[Year 12 IT Apps] IT position at Patterson River SC

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 17 14:51:22 EST 2014

Greetings all,

There is a position for a full  IT teacher (7-12) at our school, Patterson River SC.  It is being posted on-line tonight on the DEECD website.   For those who might be interested, Patterson River is in Carrum.  We have approx. 1200 students  and IT is taught at all levels.  At Year 7 and 8 IT is compulsory, and at Years 9 and 10 there are a variety of electives.  We also offer Year 11 IT (2 classes) as well as Year 12 ITA and Software Development.  We have a good computer set up with 6 dedicated labs plus many more laptops, desktops etc in different KLAs.  We also have an excellent technical team and will be implementing a BYOD policy next year.

We are looking for someone with a variety of IT teaching experience, particularly in the area of senior IT.  They need to be enthusiastic and willing to work hard to improve the learning outcomes of the kids.  The position is .8 (at the moment) with the very real possibility of it becoming full time in 2015.   If you are interested, please consult the DEECD website, or contact me if you want to learn more.

The successful applicant would also need to be available for an immediate start, once the interview process is over.

Kind regards

Janet Bane
Patterson River SC.