[Year 12 IT Apps] For the other greybeards out there - Visicalc on Windows

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Jul 16 13:07:08 EST 2014

I have recently found myself reverting to old versions of some software
after finding the latest 'update' is worse than the previous version.

http://www.oldversion.com is your friend when an 'upgrade' of your
favourite software betrays you.

Mark

On 16 July 2014 09:24, Savage, John L <savage.john.l at edumail.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Here’s a link to a working version of the original VisiCalc. I remember
> using it to generate sales forecasts when I worked in Telecom in (76-83).
> Ah, the Apple IIE with RAM boosted to 64KB. Before Visicalc I drew up
> tables of figures and calculated by hand/desktop calculator/slide rule.
>

> http://www.danbricklin.com/history/vcexecutable.htm
>

> Laurie Savage
>
> Assessment & Reporting Coordinator :: Pascoe Vale Girls College

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*The two most important things to remember in order to become powerful are:*
*1. Never tell your competitors everything you know.*