[Year 12 IT Apps] Year 9 & 10 Electives

Paul Golub golupau at santamaria.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 11 09:30:11 EST 2014

Hello Anthony,

Santa is an all-girls school and we offer semester electives at Year 9 and 10.

At Year 9 they have the choice of two electives-
Fun and Games - Scratch and Game Maker
Professional Web Design - Flash and Dreamweaver
(some students do both electives)

At Year 10 -
App Inventor
Software Tutorial - students learn Excel and Access then create a tutorial (using software of their own choice) explaining how to use a component of Excel or Access.

Software Tutorial is something new I will introduce next year. Previously I did Game Maker and Software Tutorial based a software of their own choice but next year I will make it based on Excel and Access as that is what they will be using in VCE IT and they haven't had previous exposure to it.

I've been pushing to do Robotics but there is the cost involved and trying to justify how it leads into VCE IT.

Are they popular? There is about 20 students who do Professional Web Design each semester and there is 1 semester of Fun and Games of about 20 students. Year 10 has dropped off a bit as there is only 1 semester of about 15 students.

Paul Golub
Santa Maria College
50 Separation St
Northcote 3070
9489 7644

Established by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan of the Order of Saint Benedict in Northcote in 1904.