[Year 12 IT Apps] U3-O1

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Feb 6 13:28:35 EST 2014

Yes, frames were a nightmare for search engines trying to spider a site,
and - when overdone (as inevitably happened) - frames made pages hideous to
use. They also encouraged people to embed other webpages into their own
without attribution.

I only ever used them so a top or side menu would stay in place while the
main part of the page scrolled around.

On 6 February 2014 12:42, Litsa Tzelepis <htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I went into my first ITapps class today (they were on camp last week) and
> realised the IT dept installed Adobe CC - so my Dreamweaver has gone from
> CS4 to CC.
>
> Not so much of a drama to look at straight away but I noticed "frames" are
> not valid anymore. The kids liked to use them to avoid repeating link
> placement and to help with the "navigation" feature they are meant to
> demonstrate.
>

> My question is if frames aren't used, what are others using for
> "navigation".
>

> Sorry if it sounds obvious - or are you just using the same links on each
> page.
>

> Thank-you, litsa

> ---
>
> Litsa Tzelepis
>
> Mount St. Joseph Girl's College
>
> 133 Maidstone Street, Altona, VIC. 3018
>
> htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au
>
> P:8398 2000 | F:9398 3498

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease - Bill Maher *