[Year 12 IT Apps] The new draft study design

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sat Apr 12 10:01:38 EST 2014

I promise I won't post every time I notice something of note in the draft.
Just need to say this.

The new name for IT Applications is... 'Informatics'

It's a great name for people *inside* the field, but it will mean nothing
to outsiders, like parents and potential students.

You guys will spend the next 5 years at VCE Information Evenings explaining
what 'informatics' is to queues of baffled people.

And they will say, "Oh, so it's IT?"
And you will say, "Ahhh, well, yes."

You *could* add "But Wikipedia says of informatics that it's 'Not to be
confused with Information technology.' "

So there.

Thinking further, we could have the first VCAA Study Theme song to the tune
of 'Greased Lightning' ...

*Why, this study could be systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic*
*Why, it could be informatic!*

... but then you'd have to explain the lyrics to parents and potential
students.

Anyway, back to the draft. I see they're only using flat file databases in
Unit 2. Nice move.

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease - Bill Maher *