[Year 12 IT Apps] Careers For students @ Conference

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Thu Jun 27 22:24:36 EST 2013

hi All

Now have approval from school to attend conference so I feel I can plug it a bit

We (the committee, especially Mel Cashen) have put together something worth attending...
Food is well organised (yes my stomach is close to my heart)

Keynotes are exciting

Especially great is the Careers Forum on 2nd Day for Students FREE
Students will be able to attend the Adam Elliot keynote (9am) and then Forum for 1 hour facilitated by Shanton Chang, Department of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne. Also includes key expert panel representatives from industry.
A wide range of ICT options will be covered. Mel and the VITTA Office staff have put a lot of effort into making this worthwhile for students (& Teachers).  Book on (03) 9495 6836 or email conference at vitta.org.au

Seriously, we have put a lot of effort into the conference and I am looking forward to meeting F2F with many whom I only see on the Lists or online.
I will be on twitter and I want to spend some time talking to people about "going forward" into 2014, 2015, about VCE IT and where we want the new study design to be going, about CS4HS, about ACARA, and about PLN on twitter etc. If you have opinions about ICT  then talk to me in August and followup with the emails, tweets, blogs that will come out of it.
#VITTA2013

Andrew

Andrew Shortell
Educator
CRC Melton

shortell at get2me.net (This List)
@acsbear8 (twitter)
acshortell (skype)
VITTA CoM Member

::
The forum will consist of key expert panel representatives from industry organisations, facilitated by Shanton Chang, Department of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne.  Learn about the exciting opportunities and the range of courses and careers in ICT.

Participate in the challenges which focus on future pathways and ICT careers. ICT skills are now essential  by all organisations in the private and public sectors, from banking and finance, health, law and justice, telecommunications, education, transport, manufacturing, tourism, retail, mining, environmental management, digital media, fashion design and the ICT sector itself.

Provoking Learning with ICT
12 and 13 August 2013