[Year 12 IT Apps] Adobe Premiere Timeline [Scanned] [Spam score:9%]

Timothy Kitchen TKitchen at strathcona.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 18 14:37:22 EST 2013

Hi Cameron

Adobe TV<http://tv.adobe.com/> is a great resource of tutorials for all Adobe products. Click here<http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-cloud-for-video/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-overview/> to see a sample for Premier Pro CC. There are a range of tutorials for CS6 and earlier as well.

I've been teaching Premier Pro this year in my Year 10, 11 & 12 IDM & Media classes. It was an easy transition for the students from Final Cut Express which we had been using for years.

Below is an outline of one of my Year 10 projects - hope it helps.

Ta

Tim Kitchen

About Me Project 1
This chapter looks at the first years of your life. It needs to feature all those cute baby photos that your parents have stored away. You need to use your iPad to record your parent/s and grandparent/s talking about you as a baby and the influence you had on their lives at that time. You need to find out what you loved doing most in your early years, who you played with, your favourite cuddly toy & blanket etc. Make sure you use your iPad to capture lots of the baby photos you have in albums and record videos that you may have of yourself at an early age. Capture as much as you can.
In class we will go over some pre-production skills to help you plan for this chapter.
Remember - be as creative as you like.

"Creativity involves putting your imagination to work." Sir Ken Robinson
Pre Production Criteria
- planning notes via Journal (5 marks)
- interview questions (6 marks)
- basic storyboard (5 marks)
- voice over script (2 marks)
- studio script (2 marks)
Production Criteria
- between 2 & 3 minutes in length (5 marks)
- framing of images (5 marks)
- demonsrating a depth of field (2 marks)
- 7 second rule (5 marks)
- use of still images (5 marks)
- use of transitions (2 marks)
- use of a range of titles (3 marks)
- use of background effects (3 marks)
- use of copywrite free music (5 marks)
- chroma key effect (5 marks)
- interview with a parent (2 marks)
- interview with a grandparent (2 marks)
- 10 second studio intro (5 marks)
- file management of hard drive (5 marks) - screen capture in journal
- file management of bins/folders (5 marks) - screen capture in journal
- time line management (5 marks) - screen capture in journal
- export to journal (3 marks)
- export in HD to share drive (3 marks)
- Creative factor (10 marks)
Total = 100