[Year 12 IT Apps] Data type for postcode

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Mon Jun 3 14:20:35 EST 2013

also in USA there are ZIP codes that begin with two leading zeros

Quote:
many of the lowest ZIP codes, which begin with '0', are in the New England region. Also in the '0' region are New Jersey (non-contiguous with the remainder of the '0' area), Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and APO/FPO military addresses for personnel stationed in Europe, Africa, Southwest Asia and aboard vessels based in the waters adjoining those lands; APO/FPO addresses are also used by U.S. diplomatic and consulary facilities. The lowest ZIP code is in Holtsville, New York (00501, a ZIP code exclusively for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service center there).

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_Codes

Also they too have postcodes/zip codes that cross state boundaries for post office convenience

This has certainly become esoteric and thus fascinating!
Andrew

Andrew Shortell
Educator
CRC Melton