[Year 12 IT Apps] Study Design Review following from web authoring software

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Dec 5 07:45:12 EST 2013

Thank you Heath for your very considered contribution to the future of the VCE IT study design, in particular IT apps. The panel is already contemplating some of the suggestions that you have made, particularly with respect to 'project work' (context). We are currently exploring some different assessment options to support depth of study, research and solving real world problems. Another area for exploration has been whether  IT apps should increase or decrease its business focus (maybe linking to Heath's project management suggestion and projects set in context). This point seems to polarise opinions - what do you think?

Just to add to the climate of change the panel is exploring the renaming of the study - as has been suggested by several people there is a misconception about the field of IT and as a follow-on to the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies draft curriculum, we are considering changing the study name. This is tricky - the name needs to be future-proof (well as much as possible) but also clearly communicate the nature of the study. It also has to embrace all units. Suggestions please - we have about 20 names at the moment!!

Heath, I thank you for your constructive comments, and I'm glad I asked you that question in February!

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000
(03) 9032 1724
0407 043 110