[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Classrooms

WEIR Andrew andrew.weir at thomascarr.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 22 15:09:16 EST 2012

Michelle,
I have had two rooms that work for different reasons.

My old favourite was a long room with computers along the wall.
Great for lecture sessions but also good to monitor student work as I could easily walk up and down the room.

My current room has 5 island desks with 6 computers on 4 tables and 4 on another.
This is excellent for group and collaborative work, peer learning especially in unit 1 and 2.

Unfortunately because we got bonus 24 inch monitors in the last order the space is a little cramped.
22 inch would have been fine but none left in the state.

This also works well as we have AV installed and is easy to walk around the room and monitor work habits and authenticity.

Andrew

Andrew Weir
Head Of Learning eLearning
Thomas Carr College