[Year 12 IT Apps] Teaching year 11 IT and IT applications

htzelepis htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 10:48:34 EST 2012

Hello Vera -

First off feeling is that I probably wouldn't agree to take a composite 11 &
12 IT.

Is there a good reason for it? Maybe numbers are low in either class - our
school is choosing to cancel  those subjects so I guess you're lucky they
still want it to run.

Maybe with added time to compensate the planning of 2 different courses, it
might work.

I remember teaching VET IT and 11 IT in the one class one year - a bit of
messiness, but worked to some extent. Overlapped on the common elements of
the courses but taught separate groups while other parts of the class were
completing their components.

I'm not sure that was very helpful, Good luck though, Litsa.