[Year 12 IT Apps] VITTA Committee of Management 2013 - please read if you are a VITTA member

Callil, Philip Callil_P at MaterChristi.edu.au
Thu Nov 8 22:23:35 EST 2012

Dear VITTA Members,

Please forgive the intrusion into the lists and for cross posts.

VITTA as an organization has been in existence for 22 years.  The environment in which we exist has never been so challenging and yet so exciting.  With the Australian Curriculum around the corner, the importance of IT in senior secondary IT and ICT throughout the curriculum is clear. With social media and video conferencing affecting the way we can communicate, there are new opportunities to participate and contribute.  As a not for profit organization, VITTA is made up of talented and dedicated people who are passionate about using IT in education. We have become leaders in the provision of support, ProfessionalLearning services, student competitions, resources and advocacy for all levels of Information Technology education.  We have also built strong links with government, corporate and industry bodies.

Being a member of a teaching organization gives you benefits of belonging to a group of professionals who draw on the collective knowledge and expertise of educators across all sectors and regions in Victoria.  But VITTA is only as strong as the people who make up the organization and who contribute on a regular basis.

VITTA exists because of skilled and dedicated IT teaching practitioners who are part of the Committee of Management there to represent the members of the organization. With the Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday November 21 in the VATE Conference Room at 231 Cambridge Street Collingwood, the call is being made for interested members to join the Committee of Management for 2013.

Our organization depends on committed educators who contribute to the making of decisions that help students and teachers in Victorian and other Australian schools use ICT across Primary/Secondary Government, Independent and Catholic schools.  This is an appeal for VCE IT teachers, VET teachers, eLearning Coordinators, IT Faculty Heads and DomainLeaders, primary and middle school teachers to join the Committee of Management of VITTA for 2013.

Nomination forms for the Committee of Management and the VITTA Executive (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) can be downloaded at

http://www.vitta.org.au/teachers/cid/17/parent/0/pid/17/t/teachers/title/join-the-vitta-committee

You will be made to feel most welcome.  For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me on the email below.

Phil Callil
VITTA President 2012
pcallil1 at gmail.com