[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O1 question re User Doc

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 12:55:05 EST 2012

I'd argue that "the obvious" should not be left out.  What is obvious to
the author of an application could well be unknown to the user.  (e.g. this
example <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ>)

I've always considered this the bare minimum for documentation:

- Opening the application
- Adding/editing data
- Producing output
- Saving data
- Exiting the application

Another minimum expectation is the use of headings to divide the
documentation into logical sections.

Hope that helps

I do simplify things for kids by telling them that the documentation's user
will be using a computer exactly the same as they are using, on the same
network.

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au << use this, not Edumail please!
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

--
The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn - Alvin Toffler.