[Year 12 IT Apps] CSIROTweetup: Mars mission launch this weekend

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:15:59 EST 2011

I am at a fantastic event in Canberra this weekend. I am here with a bunch
of great people at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Centre,
Tidbinbilla, watching the Mars Mission Rover Launch. They include teachers,
scientists, IT nerds, writers, doctors, aerospace engineers and twitter
nerds. I'll try to get some pictures up and onto the web.

You can go to http://www.cdscc.nasa.gov/Pages/tweetup_news.html and follow
what is happening or the launch on NASA TV http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv .
If you use Twitter then you can follow the @CSIROnews and @CanberraDSN
twitter feed for up-to-date information on the Saturday night launch
schedule and our posts at https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23CSIROtweetup
 Great moment to stand under the 70 metre dish and reflect the important
role played by Australian scientists on this world stage. The control room
looked like something out of Startrek, the bridge of the Enterprise.

Regards Roland, with sonic screwdriver.
https://twitter.com/#!/rgesthuizen

PS: Yes, you are all probably busy at home typing up reports but hey, I'll
catch up on Monday.

--
Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead