[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA U4O1 task 1 weighting

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 25 22:08:47 EST 2011

Hi all.  The study design says that "To support the ongoing use of these
solutions, students produce user documentation using either web authoring or
multimedia authoring software."

I think most of us would agree on what "web authoring" software would be -
Dreamweaver, Drupal/Moodle etc (but do we include Notepad if it's used to
create PHP/AJAX/CSS/HTML5 pages?).

We just need to argue over whether PDF is "multimedia authoring software".
I'd say not.  I'd say its prime function is *not* the creation of
multimedia.

I'd say Powerpoint and Flash *are* specifically designed as multimedia
authoring tools.

2.15c worth (assuming a GST rise to pay for the carbon tax)

Come out lurkers.  What do you think?

Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.