[Year 12 IT Apps] Places still available! - VCE Extension Studies Program

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Fri Jan 21 14:48:12 EST 2011

Hello all,

Happy New Year and welcome back, hopefully refreshed and full of new ideas!

We're very busy at Swinburne organising our schools support program events for Term 3. I will send you more information on this later.

Swinburne has introduced a VCE Extension Studies Program and we are still taking enrolments for 2011. We have scholarships available for students who are interested.

Extension Studies enables secondary students to study a first-year university series as part of their Year 12 program.

In 2011 we will be offering the following units:

Web Development – HIT1091E
Web Development will provide students with advanced skills and knowledge to develop web sites using HTML, JavaScript and CSS within W3C standards. Additionally, this extension study provides students with advanced skills and knowledge required to enhance the operational websites that have been designed in IT Applications.

Usability – HIT2316E
Usability will provide students with the skills and knowledge to create appropriate prototype user interface, to justify design decisions and to critically evaluate user interface designs including the use of the Swinburne Usability Testing Laboratory. In addition, Usability will provide students with the skills and knowledge to ensure that any user interfaces are appropriately designed and effective.

To find out more about our Extension Studies Program, visit the website: www.future.swinburne.edu.au/information/extensionstudies/
or to apply: www.future.swinburne.edu.au/information/extensionstudies/

We look forward to welcoming your students and working with you in 2011.

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology