[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O2

Joyce Tabone jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au
Mon Aug 8 08:25:41 EST 2011

Hi all

I am starting to plan for the Unit 4 Outcome 2 SAC and after reading the
sample SAC on page 75 of the study design, I have become seriously
confused.  Can someone please help out with the following:

1.       Question 2a asks to list the threats to the integrity and
security of data and information, which I am assuming students will need
to take from the case study. Question 3 then goes on to ask what are the
ineffective information management strategies.  Can anyone give me an
explanation of how this is different to question 2a?
(The way I see it , is it is the ineffective management strategies that
open them up to the threats ...)

2.       Question 5, asks students to select six information management
strategies and propose criteria that could be used to evaluate their
effectiveness, then students are required to apply their criteria to
evaluate the effectiveness.  I get the first part,  but how can students
apply their criteria?

3.       Question 6 ask students to list four current practices used by
the organisation to manage the storage, communication and disposal of
data, how is this question different to question 1B, what are the
information management strategies used by the organisation to store,
communicate and dispose of data

If anyone can shed some light on these questions, that would be really
helpful.

Thanks

Joyce