[Year 12 IT Apps] The sample ITA questions -- Number 3in Section B

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 6 08:16:21 EST 2011

Sadly, while in a perfect world Boolean is stored as one bit, apparently it
doesn't happen that way: according to discussion at
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=152490 Boolean
in Access is stored (like Filemaker does) as an integer: 2 entire bytes!

So it seems that the space-saving glory of Boolean is a bit of false
advertising...

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

All generalisations are false, except this one.