[Year 12 IT Apps] ERD slideshow

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 5 08:46:01 EST 2011

Hi again all.

In the light of the VCAA sample ERD, I have revised some of my theory
slideshows which previously showed the ERD in the way Microsoft Visio
creates them (tables with primary keys and relationship lines - with
cardinality indicators).

I've created an ERD theory
slideshow<http://www.vceit.com/slideshows/ERD.ppt>focusing on the
sample ERD from the practice exams.

Up to a point, the slideshow quotes the VCAA ERD scripture.
The last few slides become heretical as they insinuate cardinality and
suggest that the sample ERD is flawed.
(You are warned before these slides appear, but you might want to consult a
priest before viewing them.)

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

All generalisations are false, except this one.