[Year 12 IT Apps] Are sample examination questions gospel?

Mark Scott msc at luther.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 4 21:23:34 EST 2011

Paula

Don't ya just luv a new study design?

:-)

Mark Scott
________________________________
From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au [itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Mark KELLY [kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 7:21 PM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Year 12 IT Apps] Are sample examination questions gospel?

Hello, campers*

This is an open letter to our helpful Paula.

Are the content and styles of the VCAA sample examination questions part of the VCE IT canon?**

More specifically, is the style of the ERD in the sample questions what we should safely expect in a possible examination question - with its lack of cardinality, and its multiple branches from a relationship?

Knowing this will help us constrain the teaching of the key knowledge.

With respect
Mark K

----

  *An obscure reference to Butlin's holiday camps<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlins> in postwar England (which neither I nor you have attended) gleaned from old episodes of an obscure TV show called 'Hi-de-Hi!'<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-de-Hi%21> which most of you have never seen.  In retrospect, I don't know why I said it.  Sorry, campers.

** Along with: the Study Design, its Glossary; the Assessment Handbook; VCAA Bulletins, including their FAQ and Errata

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au<mailto:kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au>
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

All generalisations are false, except this one.