[Year 12 IT Apps] The sample ITA questions -- Number 3 in Section B

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 4 18:33:02 EST 2011

So Access doesn't have a true Boolean datatype.... and neither does
Filemaker (one uses a number field with values of non-zero or 0).
Which RDBMS *does* have a fair dinkum native Boolean datatype?

Maybe we're being led down a digital garden path!  It might turn out that
there is no RDBMS with a true Boolean datatype, which I'm afraid would lead
to a rather stern letter to The Times.

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

All generalisations are false, except this one.