[Year 12 IT Apps] Sample exam questionsandentity-relationship diagrams

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Fri Apr 1 18:14:19 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

"Decoding the definitions for consumption by students is of course another matter"

We do need a relatively simple decoding, that is of course VCAA approved.

"the mathematical/academic gobbledy-gook" in many of the various definitions of NF1-3 is a problem for us as teachers and for the students.

The most annoying thing is that if you design a RDBS correctly from the start you don't need NF1-3 because the design takes care of all that.

Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM
and Access Database Designer
Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com